Thursday 13 October 2011

Constructing Poster

I started with using a plain white background in order to position the rest of the components onto it and make sure they were in an appropriate place.
I then added the masthead. I used a font called 'Darlin BTN' as it looked childish -  which is what i wanted to portray in my products. Originally the 'e' of the masthead was the right way round, but after rasterizing the text i changed the direction in which it looked. I then added a red outer glow to carry on the typical conventions of a horror using the 3 colours of red, white and black.
I then added the tagline to the product, i chose to use the same font as the title because, again, it brings the childish component i was looking for, i also added an outer-glow on the tagline, but made sure it was less visible and only had a little glow to it.
I added 'coming soon' which is apparent on many different posters i have looked at, and again on this i added the outer glow the same as the masthead and tagline to carry on the continuity.

Next i added the credit block, i used a font from dafont.com called Universal Accreditation, this allowed me to create the credits as proffessional as possible. Certain lower case letters had shortcuts to certain words, for example the lower case 'a' was a shortcut for 'WRITTEN BY'. Also this font didnt need any changes what so ever to make it look like a credit block which appears on most film posters.
For the image above, i uploaded an image i had taken to a website called befunky.com, i reason i used the website instead of using photoshop was becuase i was unable to create this particular cartoon-ish effect on there, and the website eabled be to do it easily and wasnt time consuming. 
Next i used the 'threshold' effect on photohsop, and made it like above. I played around with it until i was happy with the way it looked. Also i feel the final outcome of the image looks well and suits the genre i am representing.
Next i added a website for my film. I decided to use a simple web address 'www.benthemovie.co.uk', as these are what i seen upon researching other film posters. the font i used was called 'Times' which was downloaded from dafont.com, the reason i chose this font was because it had a traditional feel to it, which i wanted to come across in my products.

The final thing i did to my poster was added the BBFC, earlier in the research stages i thought 15 was a suitable age for horror as it was the same for both horror trailers/posters i had looked at. I downloaed the image from wikipedia commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment